Has Black Panther Already Lost Its Director?

5:24 PM Unknown 0 Comments



After a recent report regarding the future of Black Panther, it seems that the original director who was considered for the role has passed up on the role. Essence broke the news earlier today that Ava DuVernay in fact is not going to direct the upcoming Black Panther film by Marvel Studios even after earlier reports she was already signed on.[1]

The director behind Selma told in an exclusive interview that she and Marvel had different ideas for where the story should go. In her own words she stated “I’m not signing on to directo Black Panther. I think I’ll just say we had different ideas about what the story would be. Marvel has a certain way of doing things and I think they’re fantastic and a lot of people love what they do. I loved that they reach out to me.”

She also added that “In the end, it comes down to story and perspective. And we just didn’t see eye to eye. Better for me to realize that now than cite creative differences later.”

What is your opinion on the matter? Who do you hope will become the director? Leave a comment below!

0 comments: