Is This The Final Nail In The Coffin For Tron?

2:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments



Not too long ago, but after Tomorrowland turned into a financial flop it seemed that Walt Disney has instantly decided to halt the production for the third installment for Tron. While there was still quite a lot of hope that Tron 3 might actually still see the light of day, as even Tron: Legacy managed to be resurrected after a long hiatus for the project. Yet, it seems that one of its most famous star, Bruce Boxleitner, the man who played Tron himself may have already ended any hope for the franchise.[1]

In a current interview he stated that: “I don’t really care anymore. I’m done with it. I’ve moved on. I hate to say that but it’s been too up and down for me. I would rather not just keep going. I don’t want to repeat my career anymore. That’d be like, “Let’s reboot Scarecrow and Mrs. King.” No I’m not interested. Or Babylon 5.”

Well, it sadly seems as if Tron 3, if it ever comes together, will have to move on without its original star. It is sad to see the franchise come to an end, as while Tron: Legacy received mixed reviews, it was quite a visually stunning film that could have allowed much more exploration of the Grid in the future. 

What are your thoughts on the matter? Still hoping for Tron 3? What are your thoughts?

0 comments: