The Original Ant-Man Might Not Return?

3:33 PM Unknown 0 Comments



With Ant-Man’s recent release there is still some hope that we might hear about a sequel sometime in the coming months. Yet, while Paul Rudd, Michael Pena and Evangeline Lilly have according to some reports a three-film contract, it seems that Hank Pym, the original Ant-Man, does not have a multi-contract deal. Michael Douglas has sadly as of now not signed on for an Ant-Man 2 and it seems he was only signed up for this film.[1]

In a recent interview he stated that: “I’m not signed up to anything more. I’ve learned a whole lot and would look forward to more if it comes my way, but if not, I’ve enjoyed the experience. Now that I understand a bit more about Hank Pym too. I think in this one I had to carry a lot of plot and exposition. In the next one I hope things get a little more bizarre...the Quantum Realm!.”

With there being a possibility for a sequel exploring what happened to Janet van Dyne, it would be quite interesting to give Douglas the opportunity to actually done the Ant-Man suit once more in a sequel. Here is hoping that the character does actually get to return sometime in the future.

What do you think about the matter? Any thoughts on it? Leave a comment below!


[1] Cf. Anderton (2015): http://www.slashfilm.com/michael-douglas-in-ant-man-2/, Dated: 28.07.2015.

0 comments: